Monday 30 January 2012

Day 449

This past week has been great! My author copy of Slippery Souls arrived in the post. And other than an ‘n’ being missing from the end of ‘seen’ towards the back of the book – I really love it. I’ve placed my bulk order, which should be with me by the end of the week, all going well. So I’m a lot calmer now!

After some fiddling on Photoshop, Windows Movie Maker, and then sifting through various royalty free music websites – I’ve produced a book trailer, which can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/2OZ7wsQPNBk?hd=1

Oh and I received my first book quote, which was rather exciting!
Edward Smith, the creative director of FeedARead.com, says, “We’re delighted to publish Slippery Souls, it’s a uniquely entertaining story from a talented new author.”

My Team Leader from another lifetime ago, in my days of IT, has kindly been helping me to promote the book – and so far she’s been getting more leads than I have. So thanks for that Kath, it’s much appreciated!!!

I received my marked Writers Bureau radio assignment back with some really positive comments – only three more assignments to go and I’m done. Hooray! Assignment 18 is a radio drama. Not sure when I’ll have it completed by – I seem to be crazy busy with all things Slippery Souls related at the moment, but hopefully my coursework won’t lapse again for months on end.

Last Thursday at the Easington Writers gathering, we had our first workshop with Stevie Ronnie. He’s guiding us through the Brass Book project that we’ve been asked to be involved in as part of the Durham Brass Festival. The actual book is meant to marry together the Brass Festival and the Book Festival – and it will incorporate written work to the front of the book, with some form of digital technology to the back of the book. It’s shaping up to be a very exciting project already!

The interview on my Writer Showcase this week is with L M Weaver. Her book The Cello Swing is about a circus performer who’s trying to run away from her past. Set in the back streets and alleyways of London, this edgy book is told in diary style. Check out the details here: http://rachaelhdixon.webs.com/writershowcase.htm

I probably have got other news to share, but right now I can’t think of anything else. So I’ll be off then. So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment