Monday 14 March 2011

Day 127

Oh my God – I get as far as chapter 27 in its first draft form, everything is going swimmingly, and then suddenly my characters start to deviate from the story outline! So now I don’t even know the ending of my own book any more. I’m quite disturbed by this, because now it means I have no idea how many chapters I’ll finally end up with (probably about 50 at this rate!) and I don’t know where the story’s going to end up. But I’m going to let it take its own natural course and see where it ends up – surely my characters have strayed off the beaten track for a reason, so I’ll let them guide me.
I’m ashamed to say that I’ve got no coursework done since I last updated my blog, though I did a little bit of radio research, and I’ve written no more short stories either. I need some creative sparks to set me off again – mine have fizzled out at the moment.
Anyway I’ll keep this one short, Grim is calling to me – he’s waiting to direct me through the next chapter J

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to know you seem to have the same issues as me (which means I'm not the only one)! The thing that keeps me going is that it will all come right in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's frustrating isn't it - but, yeah, if suddenly the original outline doesn't seem like the natural route for our characters to take we just have to keep faith that they'll get us there in the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete